Thursday, September 5, 2013

My Beautiful Sewing Table

Ok Ok OK Soo 
I saw this sewing table on my facebook  group (Sew Whatch Know) site which lead me to this blog How I Organized my sewing Room and I decided about a month ago that I wanted to make this table even if I had to buy 1 table at a time.
Well I came across a little change(money) and decided to start buying them. What a sweet hubby I have he decided that I should buy all 12 tables @7.99 apiece.(IKEA) I actually wanted to get the pink or turquoise table.(but beggers can't be choosy lol),  The color and high gloss tables are 12.99.

So I got my table home could not wait to get started. Took them out of the packaging, The Instruction were very easy but give you a hand and arm work out. By the time I was finished putting the tables together I wanted to go to bed but I was too excited.

Got them all put together, The instructions called for holes to be drilled on the 4 legs of the tables and on top of the corner edge of the tables, and dowel inserted in the whole to keep the tables together. My husband did the first one it came out ok BUT the top table did not  go all the way flat together.  The second set he stated to drill the drill went down to far in the leg, Guess what? the legs are hollow. So when putting the dowels in the fell threw the hole.

The Big Bright Idea
So I had thought about gluing them together but for some reason I did not think that it would take. Hubby said " well I think you are gonna have to glue it together" My instant thought was glue will insure that the tables will be even . Went to Wal-Mart to get the infamous Gorilla Glue. Now we are talking the big dog of glues, Let me tell you this is some bad stuff it only takes a little dab and that will do it,
I glue them 2 together let them dry 24 hours, the put them together. I use zip ties (industrial) to tie them together see the pictures









 








.

No comments:

Post a Comment